These days, there is a lot of focus on the aesthetics of the buttocks, and many people feel that the shape and size of their own bottom could be better. Demand for buttock enhancement has resulted in a number of effective options for improving the size, shape, contour, and firmness of the butt.
Buttock augmentation is a surgical procedure used to add volume and contour to the buttocks. There are two methods for achieving this: fat transfer or buttock implants. Fat transfer is a procedure that is growing in popularity, and works by using the patient’s own fat to add natural-looking volume to the buttocks. Butt implants are synthetic devices inserted into the buttock area for dramatic increase in volume.
In general, to be a good candidate for a butt lift, you should:
- Be in good general health, since you will likely need to use anesthesia and should be able to recover properly from surgery.
- Be psychologically healthy with realistic expectations for your procedure.
- Not smoke, as this can compromise your ability to heal well from surgery. If you currently smoke, you may be able to undergo butt lift surgery if you can refrain from smoking for a time specified by your surgeon before and after your procedure.
- Avoid drinking to excess, as this can also interfere with the surgical process.
- Traditional buttock lift: When a patient is satisfied with the size of their buttocks but would like to improve the shape by correcting loose, sagging skin, a traditional buttock lift can be performed. Dr. Roussalis will remove excess, sagging skin and fat from the upper section of the buttocks and tighten and lift the remaining tissue into a more youthful position. The incision will be placed in an inconspicuous area, making it easily hidden by clothing and swimwear. Liposuction can be performed to reduce the size of the buttocks if needed.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: For patients who would like to add volume and shape to the buttocks while also eliminating fat from another area of the body, a Brazilian Butt Lift can be performed. This procedure uses fat grafting, which involves liposuction to remove fatty tissue from areas with excess fat, such as the abdomen, hips, back, or thighs. The fat is cleaned and purified and then injected into syringes. The harvested fat is strategically injected into the buttocks to add volume and restore shape.
- Buttock implants: Individuals who have flat, poorly defined buttocks and minimal excess fat elsewhere on the body may be good candidates for buttock implants. Incisions may be made along the top of the buttocks, toward the bottom of the gluteal creases, hidden in the crease of either butt cheek, or down the center of the sacrum (the crease between the buttocks). Soft, silicone buttock implants are placed through a pocket created below the gluteal muscle or above the pelvic bone.
Depending on your particular situation, the price of Brazilian butt lift may vary from $2,000 to $10,000.
Collagen is a natural protein which binds skin, creating a smooth look. As we age, collagen production lessens and skin begins to lose its tone. Acupuncture may help to improve muscle tone and support and increase collagen production, thereby creating firmer buttocks. Acupuncture improves muscle tone and dermal contraction, increases collagen production, enhances local blood and lymph circulation, increases strength of ligaments, and improves skin elasticity.
You should have 12 sessions, the first 4-6 sessions at twice per week, the balance of sessions once per week. Each treatment lasts 75 minutes, no downtime thereafter. Typically results may be noticeable after 6-8 sessions. With maintenance treatments, the effect can last for up to 3-5 years.