Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease which causes the immune system attack nerve tissues and myelin of membrane of nerve cells is destroyed. The disease shows itself in MRI in the form of MS plaques. MS is mostly seen among women and during period of youth.
The symptoms of the disease include Blurred vision, double vision, burning and tingling of hands and feet, movement and balance disorders and depression. These symptoms can be seen as transient or persistent or progressive.
Preventive treatment of MS attacks (MS), treatment related to the time of MS onset and symptomatic treatment of MS are three different treatments of MS.
- Acupuncture also helps to control symptoms (reduced consumption of medicines) and prevention of attacks of multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Acupuncture improves depression and anxiety
- Acupuncture increases blood circulation throughout the body and thus the limbs
- Acupuncture is quite effective in controlling blurred or double vision
- Acupuncture steroid-like effects in the body prevent the attacks of multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Acupuncture via its analgesic treatment can control the burning and tingling sensations in extremities
All the methods applied in acupuncture are pretty efficient in treating MS. Depending on the severity of the disease and its chronic symptoms, different methods of acupuncture from normal acupuncture to ambiding and implant acupuncture can be used to treat the disease.